How to Unlock a Door with a Bobby Pin
Have you ever been locked in for not having keys to a door? If so, you should know that this experience is very frustrating, in addition, it can fill us with anxiety and impotence when we don’t know what to do. But don’t worry; you are in the right place. We have the solution!
Don’t give up if you find yourself imprisoned in a room for any reason! You just have to look for an alternative that helps you in such a situation.
In consideration of the above, you should know that there are countless techniques with which you can speed up and solve this type of incident. So knowing how to open a door with a hairpin, for example, helps as long as you have the right tools.
If you dare to use it, let’s see step by step how to use it:
How to open a door with a fork 4
On doors with knob lock
- The first thing to do is look at the lock that contains the door. In general, those with a knob are much easier to force with this tool than other types of locks, and the reason is that these, or at least those with a simple knob, deactivate their security with a button that releases the security when it is triggered.
If this is the case, you simply need to:
- Find a hairpin, one of those women usually wear in their hair.
- You must condition it for the process once you have it:
- Remove the plastic pieces that are on the tips. This will prevent them from getting stuck inside the lock or making it impossible for them to enter.
- If you cannot remove them with your hands, you can use a plier to do it with more security and strength.
Once the tool is ready, insert it with the tips forward through the keyhole, to the greatest possible depth.
Then, you must take the knob and turn it together with the fork pushing inwards. In this way, the internal mechanism of the lock will be forced and the safety will be deactivated. Allowing the door to open when the knob is turned again.
Another way to do it: If your doorknob has the hole as a round eye, you can do the following:
- Bend the fork in half creating a 90 degree angle. Maintaining its original form, that is to say: without disarming it.
- Insert the opposite end of the fork into the keyhole, holding the bent end like an L key.
- Push the fork all the way into the hole, once it bottoms out press and turn as you move the knob.
- This combination unlocks the door and allows it to be opened.
- If the door you want to open is of another type, the technique may vary a bit, since its internal mechanism is made up of metal pins or pistons that secure the cylinder, preventing it from being deactivated and opened.
So to open that door you must:
- In this opportunity, we will not have a fork, two of them will be needed. So locate a pair.
- Remove the plastic knots at the ends to keep them from getting in the way.
- The first hair clip, you will need to stretch it so that it becomes a long, flat piece of metal.
- Then, use pliers to give it a slight bend in one of the ends so that it forms a hook of a few millimeters. This piece will be the one with which you will move the pins inside.
- Bend the other end of the hook on itself generating an L key, to give it the shape of a handle and thus hold it better.
- You will have to open the next fork until you form a 90 degree angle, but you will not hook this one, that will be the pressure wrench that will assist you in pressing the mechanism throughout the operation.
- Now, insert the lever through the keyhole, as far down as possible. You must introduce the curved part, leaving the ends outside.
- Turn it as if you were going to open it with the original key and hold it. The idea is to ensure which is the place where the cylinder rotates, to facilitate the following unlocking.
- Insert the missing fork. Place it point up and feel for all the pistons you can. This will help you get a mental picture of how many pins you will need to work on.
- Make moves up and down according to the pins there are. What is sought is to move them from the position they occupy to place them linearly and thus leave the cylinder free.
- You must sharpen your ear a bit to analyze the sound they make based on their behavior while you handle them. This will help you during the force.
- Remember to keep light pressure on the lever to help you in the process. But do not exceed the applied force.
- When you have already unlocked all the pins and you make sure that there are none that resist, take the fork that you use to apply pressure and turn it as if you were opening with a key.